What the Rainrace Services are about
- Hazard/risk information applied in disaster management
- Risk studies
- Building collapse
- Loss estimation
- GIS in disasters - development
- Systematic learning in emergency/disaster management
Virtually every person or group that provides a service, or runs a business, needs to prepare for possible disasters; to be aware of the risks that threaten their activities, mitigation options and how to respond. These groups include:
- Governmental and local authorities
- Governmental institutions
- Governmental organizations
- Humanitarian organizations
- National and international rescue and response teams
Disasters do not have to be large in scale to interrupt service activities, and different threats affect different groups. Due to the varying nature of the services these groups provide, the details of how they prepare for the risks that threaten them will also vary. Therefore Rainrace adapts its general methodology and approach to each group.
Rainrace also collaborates in research projects, funded by research institutions and other agencies, in order to further develop the state-of-the-art of preparing for, responding to and learning from disasters.